North Cascades & Stehekin, WA34th Anniversary TripAugust 17-26, 2007.
We returned to Stehekin for the 5th time from August 20-26, 2007, after a night at Marblemount and two nights at the Mazama Country Inn on highway 20 (North Cascades Highway). We spent our honeymoon in Stehekin 34 years ago in 1973, then returned for our 25th anniversary, again in 2002 with Denny and MaryAnne (Gary's brother and sister-in-law), and last year (August 13-19, 2006). It's becoming an anniversary tradition to come to this magical place of majestic scenery, sounds of nature, and restful solitude, even in the summer high season. The picture on the left was taken from the yard just outside our room in 2006.
Our favorite place to stay in Stehekin is the
Silver Bay Inn, specifically the
River View Room when it's just the two of us, owned and wonderfully operated by Randall and Kathy Dinwiddie. The photo to the right below is from the hot tub facing south down Lake Chelan.
Links to our Stehekin Trips:
Stehekin 1973: Honeymoon
- Page 1: The Newlyweds (Kent, WA)
- Page 2: Stehekin Brochures
- Page 3: Receipts & Expenses
- Page 4: Photos
Stehekin 1998: 25th Anniversary
- Page 1: 25-Mile Creek Fire & Silver Bay Inn
- Page 2: Silver Bay Inn, Bakery, Ranch, Bridge
- Page 3: Rainbow Falls, Horseback Ride
- Page 4: Agnes Gorge
Stehekin 2006: 33rd Anniversary
- Page 1: Silver Bay, Bear on Hike, Ranch
- Page 2: Bakery, Stehekin River Trail
- Page 3: Agnes Gorge Trail
- Page 4: Silver Bay, Ranch
Stehekin 2007: 34th Anniversary
- Page 1: Trail of Cedars (Newhalem), Goat Peak (Mazama)
- Page 2: Rainbow Falls, Lakeshore Trail, Buckner Orchard
- Page 3: Critters: Lizard, Bat, "Antlers"
- Page 4: Buehler's Bluff, Domke Fire
Igloo | December 21-24, 2008 Click here